Wednesday 25 May 2016

Laparoscopic Myomectomy, HRTs and OPU under Dr. Rashmi Yogish at Nova Bangalore



It was May’15 when I met Dr. Rashmi Yogish (Clinical Director & Consultant, Nova IVI Fertility Clinic, Koramangala, Bangalore). After reading my entire infertility history, she suggested that removing the Subserosal Fibroid might make a difference. It didn’t sound like a hunch as she backed it up with logic and explanation.

At that point in my life, I could have possibly said a “Yes” to “Anything” but Dr. Rashmi sounded like “she knows her stuff really well” and that gave me a lot of confidence. My DH agreed to go ahead with the surgery ONLY after understanding all the pros and cons, logics, scientific facts, etc.

In June’15, I underwent Laparoscopic Myomectomy for the removal of my not-so-big Subserosal Fibroid at Malathi Manipal, Jayanagar (one of the other few hospitals Dr. Rashmi is associated with). The surgery went well with not much of pain but looking at my sutures was a disturbing sight. I was on a month-long rest.

The action started after I got my July periods. I was on HRT-1 (1st month of Hormone Replacement Treatment) for the month of July’15. Basically, taking Tablet Progynova 2mg and Tablet Meprate 10mg for specified number of days. Accidentally, I skipped a dose and got untimely periods. Anyhow, HRT-1 restarted after the bleeding got over. Then Aug’15, HRT-2 followed. At the end of each HRT, there were specific blood tests to be done on few specific days only.

During HRT-2, on a specific day of the cycle, a Mock Embryo Transfer (Mock ET) was performed. Things were smooth and went as expected. My Oocyte Pick-Up (OPU) was planned in the cycle following HRT-2.

1 comment: