Thursday 19 May 2016

Bidding Goodbye to Nova Delhi after 2 more failed Day-5 Blastocyst Transfer


After the failed Fresh Embryo Transfer (ET), Dr. Nalini Mahajan planned a Day-5 Blastocyst Transfer in the next cycle, under the same conditions as that of ERA.

There was a delay between ERA and next transfer because of two reasons: 1) OHSS and 2) either skipping a single dose of Estrogen substitute tablet on my behalf or a malfunction of some medicine, which caused untimely bleeding.

Also, during the Stimulation Process for Oocyte Pick-Up (OPU), I felt I had OHSS symptoms. Although, nobody at Nova Delhi agreed to me, but the internet said it all. I agree that not all information on internet is 100% correct but feeling like a bloated lower abdominal area made me look pregnant and the fullness inside gave me the idea how carrying a baby inside would be like.

Ovarian HyperStimulation Syndrome (OHSS) occurs only after the eggs are released from the ovary (either after ovulation or by receiving a shot of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG)).

So, the body needed time to get back to normal before proceeding with the next transfer.

Two Day-5 Blastocysts were transferred in Mar'15, but even that didn't work in our favour. A Blastocyst transfer is supposed to have better Success Rates than Fresh or Frozen Embryo transfers. I was waiting to get lucky with my next cycle then, last cycle at Nova Delhi as I was left with just Two more Day-5 Blastocysts. Trust me, all of them were mostly Grade-A, and few were Grade-B. I guess, what matters is "The Right Time". At that point in time, mine seemed far away. We were losing hope with each failed cycle.

The next cycle (3rd transfer at Nova Delhi, under Dr. Nalini Mahajan) was also a Two Day-5 Blastocysts transfer. This was done in the consecutive month, Apr'15, sadly, my beans didn't stick this time also.

I didn't want to start afresh and try another IVF cycle at Nova Delhi, even though Dr. Mahajan was quite experienced and knowledgeable. Somehow, I felt something was missing. That pushed me to get back to Bangalore and try my luck with Nova Bangalore.

I had read a lot about Nova's Success Rates being exceptionally good, hence the decision to visit Nova Bangalore.

All this might seem pretty casual but trust me, when you are going through all this, your body takes a lot of foreign particles inside and your brain works overtime. All you need to do is keep your cool and stay happy... because if mind isn't healthy, body can never be healthy. My DH gave his best in keeping me away from worries, tensions, tears and fears.

1 comment:

  1. That's really awesome blog because i found there lot of valuable Information and i am very glad that you share this blog with us.IUI Treatment Delhi

    ReplyDelete