Tuesday 19 April 2016

Lost faith in Dr. Vasan's line of treatment


I mentioned in one of my previous posts that my DH had a lot of pain even after 3 weeks of performing TESE. Well, in spite of Dr. Vasan's claim of having fixed the problem by cutting a realllly tiny piece of suture, that actually didn't fix it and the pain continued. After another week of tolerating unbearable pain and duck-walk, I inspected the area that was cut during TESE. There was a knot of suture thread right in front. With utmost precision, using a very sharp yet small pair of scissors, I dared myself to cut the knot open and pulled out almost three quarter of a centimetre black thread holding the visible knot bulb. DH felt a little relief instantaneously and the rest was gone within a day. In my head, I did question the calibre of such a qualified surgeon, that he couldn't see the knot, and I being a layman saw it with my bare eyes.

DH's SA Report in Mar'13 was disturbing and that made us realize that we had started losing faith in Dr. Vasan's line of treatment. Even today, the decision of going ahead with TESA/TESE seems to be the most stupid and hasty decision that we ever took. We had hopes so we got influenced. We were wondering why Dr. Vasan didn't suggest taking Ayurvedic medicines at the very beginning of our treatment in MHB. I guess, it is OK for a patient to doubt his/her doctor and the doctor should totally accept this. Since no one could undo the disaster, we had to move ahead and look for ways to get the sperm production started.

The biggest question was… HOW???

1 comment:

  1. If you are seeking for The Best ICSI Centre in Punjab then you should contact Gomti Thapar Hospital and book an appointment with our proficient team for the perfect results. Click on the link to get more details.

    ReplyDelete